7 Kitchen Tools We Can't Live Without
Updated: Nov 2, 2019
There are so many kitchen tools and gadgets out there it can be a bit overwhelming to know which ones will actually help you and which will be collecting dust in your cabinets!
I love all of these kitchen tools SO MUCH and I use them every single week in my meal prep. They all save me time and allow me to cook delicious meals in the most efficient way. I'll explain each kitchen tool below and include direct links for purchase - as always they are all Brilliant and affordable!
Starting Clockwise from Top with Affiliate Links:
1. Deiss PRO Citrus Zester & Cheese Grater - You can use this tool for so many things! I use it daily to: add a little lemon or lime zest to a recipe, grate ginger and garlic right into a pan, shave some parmesan cheese on top of a bowl of pasta; there are endless uses for this small kitchen accessory and you can store it easily in your kitchen drawer. CLICK TO BUY
2. Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano - Sous vide cooking literally means "under vacuum" which refers to the process of sealing the food in a bag and then cooking it at the same temperature in a water bath for a period of time. There are many restaurant chefs who use this method to achieve very high quality results - I like it mainly because its "hands off" cooking and its impossible to over cook whatever you are trying to make.
For under $100 you can purchase this magic wand, use a deep pan that you already have from home and a large zip lock bag and have perfectly cooked chicken breast, vegetables, steak and seafood without really doing anything! I use this once a week when I want to make a big batch of chicken breast for tacos, grain bowls or chicken salad. I also use it when I'm planning to roast something but my kids just want to play with me and I can't spend the time prepping and watching. It's in a bag, hands off for an hour and ready to eat without being over cooked or burnt when forgotten about. CLICK TO BUY
3. COSORI Electric Kettle Glass Water Boiler & Tea Heater - I use my electric kettle every evening when I want a cup of tea while watching a show before bed. It's the end of the day and I don't feel like doing anything and this Water Boiler and Tea Heater is PERFECT. You fill it up with water and push start and boom - hot water for tea that's not microwaved in under a minute! Can also be used for quick hot water for Oatmeal, Easy Mac, Ramen Noodles...so many options! CLICK TO BUY
4. Chefbar Top Rated Metal Lemon and Lime Squeezer - sdfsadf - Imagine squeezing a lime or lemon and never worrying about seeds? Well now you can! This super simple citrus press is my husband and my favorite cocktail accessory. We're both really into cocktails with fresh squeezed lemon and lime juice and this makes it so easy. It takes no time to clean unlike a larger electric citrus press, and it extracts literally every bit of juice from your citrus. It's only $10 on Amazon which makes it a pretty easy purchase to make CLICK TO BUY
5. Instant Pot® Duo™ Nova™ 6-Quart 7-in-1 - I imagine you have heard of an Instant Pot by now but if you haven't yet purchased one, now is the time! These things are like magic I have made some of my favorite meals in them and in 1/2 the time that it usually takes. For a busy woman this thing saves my life! I recently cooked baby back ribs RECIPE LINK HERE that took 25 mins and were so much better than my old oven baked recipe that took 4-5 hours! I just made some cheesy brussels sprouts that I only had to cook for 2 minutes in the Instant Pot RECIPE LINK HERE and my kids actually ate them! CLICK TO BUY
6. Ball Regular Mouth Quart 12 Pieces Jars (32oz) Made in USA, Clear - I've recently been really motivated to clean out my fridge and have more of a method for leftovers and prepped food. Instead of stacking a bunch of plastic tupperware in my fridge I've been using these HUGE 32oz Mason Jars for everything from prepared vegetables, cheese stick storage, leftover rice etc. They are so easy to stick in the dishwasher and also keep the fridge really looking great. You can easily see what is inside through the clear glass - and it will make you feel better about not using so much plastic in the kitchen. Priced at 12 Jars for $17 it's easy to stay organized and on budget CLICK TO BUY
7. OXO Good Grips Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer - Ok let's get over the fact that these CAN be a little dangerous if you're not paying attention. But, if you DO pay attention, this small Kitchen tool will save you so much time and allow you to make beautifully cut vegetables and fruit super fast! I love using this to slice whole cucumbers and carrots into thin slices for salads right from the fridge into a bowl. I also love this for onions - it speeds up the cutting process and allows you to get super thin slices for burgers or sautéing. CLICK TO BUY